Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Reception Ideas

Here are some ideas for decorating the reception: I'm still a little unsure on which colors I'm choosing. I'm leaning toward red/orange and baby blue (the lanterns and color of the water)






A possible reception spot. Since there will be a lack of flowers, I'd like to do as many white lights and lanterns as possible to give the room an ethereal feel. It'll be easy to do because the ceiling has beams and will look decent because the ceiling is pointed in spots.




Here is an idea for favors. Rosemary infused sea-salts that guests can take home and cook with. They're also DIY, so easy on the pocket.

Then an idea for candle holder favors- but I think I might scrapthis idea-Some guests might think these are hideous.



I liked this idea for placecards. Rocks are free. Least expensive placecards EVER!


This is the way I'd like to do my centerpieces. I've priced glass vases, and they're expensive and huge (guests won't be able to see each other across the table) so instead of using vases, I'm going to buy plain cheap drinking glasses from Walmart or Target (17pc sets) in 2-3 different sizes. Then fill them with water, purple dendrobium orchids, and a floating candle on top. I'd also like to get a container to nestle the candle holders into sand and rocks.

1 comment:

Kristen & Cadence said...

love the lanterns & the orchids, verry classy lassy. In case you haven't figured it out its Kristen0716 from Babyfit (but you already knew that) I like the colors too, are you having your wedding in the summer?